Sunday, March 29, 2009

Teh F O O D!!!!!

OK, my dearest friends. Today I’m not that tired and I will write my second article in English. Yeah, actually I’m in good mood now. I was very sleepy during the week – a lot of parties and things like this. I still don’t have much work so I don’t stay till late and actually I’m home before 5:30 pm.

Yesterday I went with some Indian friends from the company to an Indian restaurant. Very small one so it seemed like we are at someone’s dining room! It was spicy but not that much. I mean you could choose how spicy you want your food. So in the end it was very good. Actually because of these spices you don’t need meat that much. I mean you know that most of the I

ndians are vegetarians. But the food was really good!!!! Now I have a customer’s card and when I visit the restaurant 30 times, I will have a free meal. Haha, I really liked it (because it felt like home ^^) but even if I go often, I don’t think I will have 30 times. J So I would like to bring my friends who are coming in town. I was with my colleague Sumiya (this is her last name but still I’m not used to call her Yumi, you know in work we are always like Sumiya-san, etc). In the end she happened to be very good company. Liking some sweet (KAWAII) things and the other colleagues can’t even imagine about this personality of hers. So in the end the Indians happened to have deserts – very sweet ones! We had something like ice-cream and a moose. And the Indian bread – again, it was very delicious. I remember when we went to an Indian restaurant in Bulgaria and we really liked the bread then. And in the very end we had chai. Yes I was very surprised when they told me that the Indian tea is called „chai”.


In Bulgaria we use the same word for tea. And then Aditya told me that he met another similar word for one dish when I showed them my presentation about Bulgaria. (Yes, I showed the same presentation in Hitachi too). So we have this very popular meat balls named „kyufte” and in India they also have meat balls named „kufta”. You see? Very similar. In the end we concluded that words like these may be have some oriental origin. Because we all know the Bulgarian history and that Turkey is our south neighbor there are a lot of Turkish words that we are using in Bulgaria. I don’t know where kyufte comes from but anyways......


In the end what happened – in Japan I can enjoy not only the Japanese food but also Indian. Mrs. Sumiya told me that there are also Korean, Thai, Italian restaurants and next time we have to try them instead. Actually I’m eating Japanese food for 2 weeks. I have breakfast and dinner in the dormitoty. At first I liked it and resently may be I’m used to it and I don’t enjoy it that much. Actually it is not bad food. I like it but the first couple of days I had more rice than I ususally have for one month!!!! And now I need a western restaurant! Actually for breakfast I have some meat (sometines), some vegetables and I can have a bowl of rice and miso-soup. Actually my friends here told me that they need only rice and miso-soup and some natto (sticky beans) and they will be just fine. OK, even if I liked rice in the past, I simply cannot eat rice 3 times a day!!!!! So the next week I will try to make a lunch box (obento). And I will have some fresh salad and sandwich. I decided not to have dinners in the dormitory these coming weeks. I need some rest from the rice but I will miss my miso-soup. I really liked it and it’s because I ate soups a lot in Bulgaria. And the good thing is that usually with the dishes you have some fresh vegetables. Also something that I like a lot. So it’s not only rice and miso. Especially the home made food – it is very delisious. Mrs. Sumiya also invited me to her home and she said that I will have some home-made food and I will meet her famity – parents, younger sister and brother. Anyways she is very cute and talkative. Actually at work I was a little bit worried to bother her while she is working because she looks very concentrated but in the end she told me that since everyone around are so quiet she longs to talk with someone – I think I found my man!

And about the food here I think I said most of the esebtial things.

Originally I wanted to write about my welcome party in Tokyo and about the other days I spent there. But actually I wanted to tell you more about my life in Hitachinaka.

Oh, my!!! I didn’t tell you the most important thing – I am saved!!! Their yogurt is exactly like the Bulgarian!!! If you are Bulgarian you need yogurt and white chees to survive abroad. At least I need these things. They don’t have white cheese but at least the yogurt is great and I can make this summer soup tarator!!!! おいしい! Before I came here I ate 1 box of yogurt almost every day. So now I’m happy to have yogurt also almost every day. But when I make a salad.....WHERE IS THE WHITE CHEESE?????

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you made a good new friend!!! よかった!!!~
    Have fun sunshine ^^

    ReplyDelete