Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I miss...

It’s been almost 1 month since I’ve been here and I was surprised that I don’t miss a lot of things here. Or it was just in the beginning….

The fact is that if you can find the things you like on the new place, you can leave almost everywhere! It’s not necessary to be other country. Sometimes even moving to other city is too bad. Actually by now I feel great in Japan. The people I met here are more than friendly and because I met A LOT of during the AIESEC activities, I know a lot of people and with some of them I made I think good friendship.

So I don’t miss friendship.

I told you that I’m living in a small rural town now called Hitachinaka-shi in Ibaraki-ken. Yes, it has something with the company HITACHI, Ltd. almost all Hitachi’s factories and laboratories and other offices are located in Ibaraki. And Hitachinaka is not the only city with ‘Hitachi’ name. There is also Hitachi city, Hitachiomiya, Hitachiota. I also read that Ibaraki-ken’s former name was Hitachi-ken (or something like this, and may be that is why Hitachi company is named Hitachi). So I was talking about some things I miss:

I don’t miss the big city (I refer to Sofia or Tokyo)

At least I don’t miss them all the time. I still haven’t experienced the traffic in Tokyo metro during the rush hour. We all saw these videos showing the employees of the station pulling people in the train so the doors can close. Unbelievable but true! I used to live in small town in Bulgaria too – Haskovo. I also enjoyed the life there. You can go wherever you want by walking. Here you still need a bicycle but it’s again peaceful and not crowded. Sometimes you can hardly meet someone on the street. Only cars are passing.

BUT I MISS SOME THINGS!


I missed my dance classes and my physical activities….
… Piano-bar ‘Yesterday’ and the karaoke there…
… Coming back home late from the usual (salsa) party night…

THINGS, like these.

I miss my room and I always feel nostalgic when I talk with my mom and I see my room. I also miss my family but it feels like when I was in Haskovo, so by now I’m not home sick. Still I think that after couple of months it would be different….

I miss Lily’s English lessons and her warm hugs.
I miss the fan-grilling chatting with Dora about ‘Oguri-sama’ and other similar things.
I miss the girls talks with the cuties from the SISTERhood – Irja and Siana and of course Teddy, our 4th Grace!!!!
I miss the KINKIs – our crazy parties and dances and chatting and cooking.
I miss TOH’s chatting about DDR strategies….
I miss kouhai’s ‘famozno govorene’ (notorious speaking, OK I can’ translate it!!! It doesn’t sound the same in English – famozen?!?!?!?!).
I miss Kira and our psychological chats. And of course I MISS HER!!!
Also Kagome, Rikae, chibi-bakite. Hippy with ‘a whole village in his head’.

I miss Tsvety’s friendship and nice smile.

OK I miss chatting, drooling and fan-girlling about men a lot, but still Irja sends me some e-mail that throw me down on the ground laughing and in the end my stomach aches!!! So much laugh!!! But I think I found someone to talk about such things – again dorama addicted girl who is also a trainee but in Hitachi’s Yokohama office. Her name is Thanh and I just met her few days ago during Hanami. She is really cute and it seems we have similar interests. I also met some party people with whom I hope to go at some clubs and PARTY, PARTY, PARTY and DANCE, DANCE, DANCE! And in the end I realized that little by little there aren’t that much things that I cannot find here. Of course I can’t take people with me, my Bulgarian friends this is why I said THINGS. And if you have them, you can live everywhere. Of course the climate is also essential. By now the climate here is not that different from the Bulgarian. The spring is just the same but as I know the summer is very humid so I think it will be a little bit different.

But in the end on my why home from the Hanami at Tokyo Sta. Tatsuya and me went to eat something. And in this shop was so small and quiet and some nice J-pop was playing and we were eating kare-rice (Japanese invented dish with Indian curry and rice). And in the end we decided to have a dessert and you know what we ate? Ice cream from Hokkaido (where he was born) and the taste was the same as ours sold during the summer everywhere in the cities. The very cheap machine made ice creams. Oh, my GOD! It brought be back in the hot summer days in Bulgaria! In the end I realized that if I can eat such ice creams here it can’t be that bad. Really…

1 comment:

  1. We miss you too darling!!!!~ A lot! We miss your sunshine!
    But I'm sure you're having the time of your life there and we just want you to keep on doing that ^^
    And when you come back, we're going to party until we drop, like we used to and catch up on all that we've lost ^^

    Hugs and kisses~

    ReplyDelete