Friday, April 03, 2009

Writing

I think I will change my handwriting here. It’s not that I’m writing bad or ugly but here I already had some problems with the way I’m writing numbers. Like in Japan they don’t write numbers or English alphabet hand-written (manuscript or whatever the word in English is). They just know the print letters so you all know there are several different ways of writing letters and numbers, but here they use the print letters/numbers so I will have to change my hand writing if I want others to understand what I mean. For example 1 is only one strike and 9 is also different. I will try to write them and show you the slight different, which is very essential here.
Ira (my friend in Korea) told me that Europeans there had the same problem and she already changed the way she writes some of the numbers. When you see them you will notice that they aren’t different form our way of writing numbers, but the problem here is that they are using only the printed-like way and they don’t understand well if you are writhing some other way. Like in Bulgaria (and I think everywhere in the world) we have I think at least 4 ways to write ‘four’, couple of ways for ‘one’, ‘eight’, ‘seven’? Actually their way of writing numbers is very close to the one the engineer are using in their engineering drawings. So it’s good that I learned some engineering drawing and school and I know how to write them… Oh, my! Of course my boss new that the ‘Europeans’ are writing different way so he understood but it’s better to learn this way. At least when I’m used to it I won’t have problems when I get back in Bulgaria.

And what about writhing without listing your hand? Unbelievable! They still write the print letters. BUT I WON’T CHANGE THIS! I was surprised when I read Toshi’s first postcards and then Tatsuya and then here. No manuscript English writing. And you know, when I was in elementary school they forced us to write like this – manuscript writing, no print letters. I think most of us still remember their classes of calligraphy (krasnopis) and these notebooks… At least I remember them.


Here are the numbers like one of my colleagues wrote them and almost everyone here are writing them the same way. No difference...

4 comments:

  1. えええええ。。。 おかしい なあああ。。。

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gadniq krasnopis... I never made it through you know... In the end I just transfered to another school and I was left alone :DD Still, kak moje da ne razbirat 4islata?! Razlikite mejdu razli4nite na4ini na pisane sa adski malki o_O I mean, come on... 7 okay, no drugite.... :X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Въобще не се бъзикам!!! И на мен ми беше супер непонятно как могат да сбъркат 1 със 7, ама явно има как, сега го пиша като чертичка, че иначе голямо вайкане пада.....Да не ви разправям пък как ми се радваха на сууупер дъъългото име като ми направиха банкова сметка - Цветкова Силвия Стоянова - написано на катакана, мухахахах!!!! Че техните имена нали са само 2 и са с по 3-4 канджи и не заемат толкова място... Докато като стана ясно, че имам и бащино име и че и то трябва да се впише в молбата за банковата сметка.... Днес им разправях и за това, че може омъжената жена да си запази бащиното име и новото фамилно на мъжа и става съвсем дълго и се хванаха за главата....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Хахахахаха, сериозно ли?!
    Поне не липсват приключения!!! ^^

    ReplyDelete